It’s Summer baby! That means going to the beach or sitting poolside with a refreshing drink in hand. Sadly, I’m nowhere near a beach, pool or body of water. But at least I can make a drink and about daydream those cool beach waves.
Today I thought it would be fun to share a super simple recipe that doesn’t even need a recipe, it’s that simple! Just a couple of basic ingredients frozen overnight, blended to perfection and enjoyed throughly in this hot weather. It’s already 96+ degrees F here in Texas, save me.
So sit back, relax and enjoy a cold one – slushy that is! Feel free to add alcohol as desired, treat yo self!
- 7 cups Watermelon, cubed & frozen
- 4 cups Green Grapes, frozen
- Green Juice, to blend (optional)
- Chia Seeds, to garnish
- Watermelon Slices, to garnish
- Blend frozen watermelon in a high-speed blender or food processor until no chunks are left. Adding a touch of water or juice as needed.
- Fill your mason jars about 3/4s full with the blended watermelon.
- Place them in the freezer to stay chilled.
- Blend your grapes till smooth and layer half of that mixture onto the watermelon slush.
- Blend the remaining grape mixture with a touch of dark green juice and more grapes as needed.
- Top off your slushies with a sprinkle of chia seeds and wedge of watermelon.
- Serve immediately with a spoon or thick straw, enjoy!