So it’s a little last minute, but I still delivered. These adorable heart-shaped almond joys are seriously too cute! I really wanted to share a simple sweet that’s fun to eat but even cuter just to look at. I’m pretty pleased with the end result, what do you think?
Easter is really important in my family, we all get together at my grandma’s house and eat tons of food, laugh and watch the kiddos hunt for plastic eggs full of even more candy. It’s tradition to many. This year I plan on bringing over some of these cuties to share with my loved ones. Do you have any special plans or family traditions on Easter? I would love to know!
Wishing you all a beautiful weekend, thank you for stopping by to check out this recipe
- 20 oz. [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/enjoy-life-semi-sweet-chocolate-mini-chips-10-oz-3?csrc=AMB-PlantStrongVegan” target=”_blank”]Chocolate[/url], melted
- 3 cups of [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-desiccated-coconut-non-gmo?csrc=AMB-PlantStrongVegan” target=”_blank”]Coconut[/url], shredded or desiccated
- 30-35 [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-organic-raw-almonds-8-oz-227-g-4?csrc=AMB-PlantStrongVegan” target=”_blank”]Raw Almonds[/url]
- 3 tbsp [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/better-batter-xagave-organic-agave-with-fiber-calcium-23-5-oz-2?csrc=AMB-PlantStrongVegan” target=”_blank”]Agave[/url] or Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/navitas-naturals-organic-freeze-dried-acai-powder-4-oz?csrc=AMB-PlantStrongVegan” target=”_blank”]Acai Powder[/url] (purple coloring)
- 1/3 tsp [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/simply-organic-turmeric-2-38-oz-1?csrc=AMB-PlantStrongVegan” target=”_blank”]Turmeric Powder[/url] (yellow coloring)
- 1/3 tsp [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-spirulina-superfood-algae-powder?csrc=AMB-PlantStrongVegan” target=”_blank”]Spirulina Powder[/url] (aqua coloring)
- [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/coconut-secret-organic-raw-coconut-flour-gluten-free-1-lb-9?csrc=AMB-PlantStrongVegan” target=”_blank”]Coconut Flour[/url], as needed
- Water, as needed to blend
- In three medium bowls, portion out 1 cup of coconut, a tbsp of agave and a powder of choice for natural coloring (measurements listed above).
- Pour each batch separately, blending them till smooth. You can add a touch of water to help blend and if it gets too wet, a touch of coconut flour. You want the texture to be somewhat smooth and it should hold together easily.
- Once you have all three colors (more or less) of coconut filling blended, you can portion them into a silicon mold or using a small scoop. Between a tablespoon and a 1 inch scoop is the preferred size.
- Lay them flat on parchment paper if you’re using a scoop, transfer the shaped coconut fillings to your freezer to set up while you melt your chocolate. About 5 minutes.
- Remove your coconut from the freezer and begin dipping each piece into your melted chocolate. I used a fork underneath and a spoon to pour chocolate on top, then tapped the fork on the side of my bowl to remove any excess.
- Lay flat on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat till all your coconut pieces are covered.
- Now you can add the almonds in multiple ways, I added them after dunking and then covered the tops of them with more melted chocolate. You can do that or place an almond in the center of your coconut and carefully dunk it, making sure it doesn’t fall off. Use whichever method you’d like.
- You might need to go back and fourth to the freezer if the coconut starts to get warm and fall apart. It depends on how quickly you work.
- Once complete with the chocolate coating, transfer all your almond joys to the freezer or fridge to set up. About 2 hours for the fridge or 20 minutes for the freezer.
- Now you can enjoy these sweet treats or share them with loved ones!