This time of year brings on a surge of no-bake snacks so parents have a quick option to fuel their kiddos throughout the summer months. I get tons of requests to share more snack recipes, which usually require very few ingredients and no cooking needed. These little bites are a deliciously sweet way to have a treat that’s candy-like but still beneficial to your health. If you don’t have a sweet tooth, I recommend avoiding this recipe. This is meant for those of you wanting a dessert in the form of a protein bite, which means it tastes like candy but still offers some nutritional properties. Feel free to adjust the ingredients as needed to fit your diet.
Featuring Bob’s Red Mill Protein, they’ve created a blend that actually includes a probiotic AND superfoods, like chia seeds. I’m incredibly impressed with this blend. While I wouldn’t recommend it as a “mix with water and chug” option, it is delicious when blended in banana smoothies and/or used in baked goods. You can essentially use it as a replacement for the flour in most recipes. Think protein pancakes, muffins or no-bake bars.
What are your favorite ways to use protein powder? Do you incorporate a protein blend into your diet? I personally use blends like this when I know I’m going to have a busy day and want to boost my morning smoothie to fuel me for longer. Especially when I’m eating lighter and no tracking what I eat closely. If you’re a fan of using protein powders, you might like other recipes I’ve used them in. Like my chocolate banana pops and my favorite hemp protein breakfast smoothie.
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-rolled-oats-gluten-free-non-gmo-32-oz-907-g-1″ target=”_blank”]Rolled Oats[/url]
- 2/3 cup [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-certified-organic-coconut-flour-16-oz” target=”_blank”]Coconut[/url] or [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/bobs-red-mill-almond-meal-flour-16-oz-7″ target=”_blank”]Almond Flour[/url]
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-all-natural-smooth-unsalted-lightly-toasted-almond-butter” target=”_blank”]Almond Butter[/url], or any nut butter
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-certified-organic-hemp-seed-shelled-raw-13-oz-368-g-6″ target=”_blank”]Hemp Seeds[/url]
- 1/3 cup [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/bobs-red-mill-protein-powder-nutritional-booster-chocolate-16-oz” target=”_blank”]Bob’s Red Mill Chocolate Protein Powder[/url]
- 1/3 cup [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-natursweet-with-coconut-nectar-11-8-oz-335-g-1″ target=”_blank”]Coconut Nectar[/url] or [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-certified-organic-maple-syrup-grade-b-non-gmo” target=”_blank”]Maple Syrup[/url]
- 1/2 tsp [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/frontier-co-op-organic-ceylon-cinnamon-ground” target=”_blank”]Cinnamon[/url]
- About 1 tbsp Water, optional
- [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-semi-sweet-chocolate-mini-chips-non-gmo-and-gluten-free-10-oz-283-g-2″ target=”_blank”]Mini Chocolate Chips[/url] or [url href=”http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-certified-organic-cacao-nibs-non-gmo-16-oz-454-g-1″ target=”_blank”]Cacao Nibs[/url], optional
- Measure and mix everything together with a spoon. Switch to kneading when the dough becomes crumbly. Add a touch of water if it’s too crumbly. It should stick together when you squeeze a handful of it.
- Cover and let chill for up to an hour.
- Portion into bite-sized pieces and pack into balls. I find packing together works better than rolling them. Like making a snowball.
- Place on a non-stick surface and roll to coat the outside in anything you want or leave plain.
- Continue to chill for up to one week, in an air-tight container. Freeze for up to 3-4 months.